Dear friends from "dys" organisations in Europe!
This is to inform you that Members of the European Parliament have drafted WRITTEN DECLARATION 64/2007 on "dys"crimination and social exclusion affecting children with " dys"abilities.
It can be found in all EU languages on the European parliament website:
What is WD 64/2007 asking for?
– To draw up a charter for "dys" children,
– To encourage the recognition of "dys"-type problems as a handicap,
– To promote best practices regarding:
– making information accessible,
– taking timely steps to spot, screen, systematically diagnose and treat these disorders at an early stage,
– designing effective pedagogical structures within both the ordinary and the specialist educational environment for young children, adolescents and young adults,
– adapting structures for integrating young people with these disabilities into the world of work,
– to promote and encourage the creation of a European multidisciplinary network on specific learning difficulties, and by this means to collect and study information and promote the coordination of cross-border actions, as well as institutional dialogue.
HOW TO WIN ?
It is requested that half+1 Member (393 members) sign the WD, in order to get this text approved as a resolution. See rule: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/activities/expert/writtenDecl.do?language=EN
Contact your national representative in the European Parliament and ask them to sign WD 64/2007
!!! DEADLINE: 25 October 2007!!!